I’m one of those people who like to read travel books like “1000 Places to See Before You Die” or “The Geography of Bliss.” Sometimes I find myself planning my next vacation when I’m not even done with my current one. Well, not really planning but dreaming. Where will I go next?
There are so many places I feel I should go – places I’ve read or heard about all my life. Places like Venice, Rome, and Florence; Madrid, Barcelona, and Seville. I’ve never been to Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Vienna, Oslo, or even Prague. Then there are the places which intrigue me, the activities or people which sound more than just interesting – exciting, challenging, and even educational.
Here are just a few of those places I’d like to go, in no particular order, taken right off My Travel Bucket List!
- Bicycle around Washington’s San Juan Islands;
- Kayak with the dolphins in Chilean Patagonia;
- Kayak with the whales off the coast of Baja;
- Explore the beaches of St. John;
- Hike into the Grand Canyon and stay at Phantom Ranch;
- Relax in the warm and mineral rich waters of the Iceland’s Blue Lagoon;
- Visit a chocolate factory in Punta Gorda, Belize;
- See the turtles nesting in Costa Rica at Tortuguero National Park.
The items may change as the years go by, whether by necessity or choice, but I look forward to dreaming about each trip in the days to come. What’s on your Travel Bucket List?